Lasker Awards will be offered in three categories in 2024: Basic Research, Clinical Research, and Public Service. The Special Achievement Award, given every other year, will next be offered in 2025.
The deadline for submitting all nomination material is February 5, 2024.
Lasker Award nominations and all supporting materials are submitted through our online portal. You will be able to work on, save, and return to your nomination before making a final submission.
Questions about submitting a nomination? Read our FAQ.
Criteria for the Lasker Awards
- Albert Lasker Basic Medical Research Award: For a fundamental discovery that opens up a new area of biomedical science.
- Lasker~DeBakey Clinical Medical Research Award: For a major advance that improves the lives of many thousands of people.
- Lasker~Koshland Special Achievement Award in Medical Science: For research accomplishments and scientific statesmanship that engender the deepest feelings of awe and respect.
- Individuals or organizations must meet at least one of the following selection criteria for the Lasker~Bloomberg Public Service Award: 1) improving the public’s understanding of medical research, public health, or healthcare; 2) playing a major role in the support of policy, legislative, or other initiatives that accelerate progress in medical science or health; 3) providing or generating support for medical science or public health; 4) benefiting the lives of many people through public health practice.
- The Lasker Foundation seeks nominations of outstanding candidates; nominations of women and minorities are encouraged.
Frequently asked questions
Need more help?
Contact David Keegan by email or at 212-286-0222.