Nominations are no longer being accepted for 2023. The announcement of this year’s Award winners will take place in mid-September.
The Foundation will begin accepting nominations for the 2024 Lasker Awards in early November. The 2024 Awards will be offered in three categories: Basic Research, Clinical Research, and Public Service.
Questions? Review Lasker Award criteria below and read our FAQ.
Criteria for the Lasker Awards
- Albert Lasker Basic Medical Research Award: For a fundamental discovery that opens up a new area of biomedical science.
- Lasker~DeBakey Clinical Medical Research Award: For a major advance that improves the lives of many thousands of people.
- Lasker~Koshland Special Achievement Award in Medical Science: For research accomplishments and scientific statesmanship that engender the deepest feelings of awe and respect.
- Individuals or organizations must meet at least one of the following selection criteria for the Lasker~Bloomberg Public Service Award: 1) improving the public’s understanding of medical research, public health, or healthcare; 2) playing a major role in the support of policy, legislative, or other initiatives that accelerate progress in medical science or health; 3) providing or generating support for medical science or public health; 4) benefiting the lives of many people through public health practice.
- The Lasker Foundation seeks nominations of outstanding candidates; nominations of women and minorities are encouraged.
Frequently asked questions
Need more help?
Contact David Keegan by email or at 212-286-0222.